300-400 words (not including references)
Preferred Font: ArialFont
Size Body: 11
Font Size Title: 30
– Each article should include:  title,  byline,  hyperlinks,  references,  image and image source, and  reference list
– First and foremost, use the word cannabis; NOT pot, marijuana, ganja, etc.
– Spell out all abbreviations at first mention, except in titles
• This includes cannabidiol (CBD), tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabinoid 1 and 2 (CB1 and CB2) receptors, and all common cannabis terms- Quotes can be included in articles if it enhances the quality of the piece
• All quotes must be hyperlinked back to the source; appropriate sources include press releases
• Please be cognizant of plagiarism. Any form of plagiarism will not be tolerated. Do not extract phrases or sentences from other sites, unless you are quoting, and always provide a proper reference. Plagiarism does not mean just stealing content, it also means ideas. Every article will be checked for plagiarism.
– After the article and before the references list, please include a link to the source where you found the image
– Images need to be labeled for reuse on Google or from an open source site (like PixaBay). There should be no branding visible in any photos, even if non-cannabis related; i.e., if you’re writing about fitness, do not choose an image with Nike branding. Also, as with referencing, do not use an image from a competitor’s web site like Leafly.
– Peer-reviewed scientific literature should be cited as your first line of reference
– The entire scientific article should be used to support claims, not just the abstract
– When studies are not available to back up claims, links to outside web sites of high quality should be used
• These sites include nonprofits, medical societies, or hospitals/institutions (Mayo Clinic, NIH, American Cancer Society, etc.)
• We should not be citing other cannabis or CBD sites (Leafly, Analytical Cannabis, RxLeaf, etc.)
• For some topics, only hyperlinks will be included in the article, in which case no references need to be listed (this should be the exception, not the rule)
– Please use AMA format for citing references as follows
• Within body text, insert bracketed numbers to support a claim (e.g., , ,), at the end of the sentence, after the period
• At the end of the article, include a list of references
• Reference format is as follows:
1. [Author last name] [Initials], [et al]. [Article title]. [Journal title]. [Year];[Volume number][(Issue number)]:[Page numbers]. Example: 1. Russo EB. Taming THC: Potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects. Br Pharmacol. 2011;163(7): 1344-1364.
– When referencing papers/studies include the reference in the format above at the bottom of the article AND hyperlink to the PubMed site within the citation (eg., ).
– Finalized articles will be posted on the site the following week
Featured Article (4 pages): 2000-2500 words
Two Page Spread: 800-1500 words
One Page Article: 650-800 words
Image Submission Specs
Full Page: 11 x 8.5 in 300 dpi or equivalent½
Page: 5.5 x 8.5 in 300 dpi or equivalent
¼ Page: 2.75 x 8.5 in 300 dpi or equivalent
For print articles, please follow the copy guidelines above. However, no links can be used in print pieces and therefore every article must have a reference list.