Any writer that feels they have something relevant to share with the scientific cannabis community is welcome to submit their story to our editors.
Whether you’re looking to share a review of a new awesome piece of equipment, propose a new testing method, or report on the latest from scientific cannabis we would love to hear your idea. We accept submissions in two forms: online blog content and feature articles for our magazine.
Please pay careful attention to the guidelines laid out below before submitting.
Blogs and news articles meant to be featured online should consist of around 300-450 words, make sure to properly hyperlink to all sources in the article. Also please attach separately any high-resolution images that you would like to submit for our review.
Feature Article (4 pages)
2500 – 3000 Words
Two Page Spread
One Page Article
Half Page Article
Font & Text Size
Preferred Fonts: Georgia, Arial, or Times New Roman
Subtitle: Approximately 20 words.
Image Submission Specs
Full page: 11x85in 300 dpi or equivalent
1/2 page: 5.5x85in 300 dpi or equivalent
1/4 page: 2.75x85in 300 dpi or equivalent
NOTE: DO NOT include images within the .docx, these should be sent separately as .jpg or .png files. If they go in a specific place in the article please label in caps [Graphic 1] and then name the corresponding image to match. This will help my designer and I match up images with text correctly.
- First and foremost, use the word cannabis; NOT pot, marijuana, ganja, etc.
- Refrain from using I or you or me; instead, attempt to use universal ‘we’ and ‘us’.
- Cite sources in footnotes as opposed to parentheses.
- Refer to the ACS style guide for questions regarding citing references.We use bracketed numbers in our print magazine (e.g. , , ), at the end of the sentence, after the period, unless there are several citations within the same sentence. These references should be provided in a References section at the end of the article.
- Use the same font throughout the article.
- Please do not hyperlink anything for the print magazine.
- Avoid exceptionally long paragraphs.
- Refrain from using quotes that are longer than 4 lines of copy.
With all articles please also include a 50-word bio about yourself and submit images that you’d like to be reviewed separately.
Each story will be edited through a series of proofreaders and peer edited for scientific accuracy.